Originally Posted by Wirespokes
The exact same thing happened to me with a spotty connection at the diode board. It's the connection at the right (looking at it) where the large wire plugs into the hot side.
If the battery shows 12.5 volts, do a load test. See how far the battery drops when hitting the start button - shouldn't go below something like ten volts.
I get 12.5 battery volts. There is a relay buzzing in the cluster of three under the tank. It is the inside rear one. I also found that a packrat had been trying to set up house in the diode board area, but none of the wires look chewed or eaten through. Now, I don't have any idiot lights.
I'll chheck the big black wire at the diode board. Thanks.