Thread: Gone Walkabout
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 09:43 AM   #74
HowlingMad OP
drags knuckles

Oddometer: 1,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedthrottle View Post
Been following along from the start. If there is anything you need out on the road give us a call. Tell them I said to take extra special care of you. 855-255-5550.

Kevin
Hey Kevin,
Thanks for the support! After the last three days in the back of Death Valley, I think I may need to find some Loctite, do they sell it in gallons?

Funny side note about the trip, I had been looking for a window to do a trip like this all summer but there was always something on the calendar that kept me from going. Then one day I got a postcard in the mail saying I was no longer needed for jury duty. I figured that was the sign I was looking for and immediately started packing. I had everything I needed ready to go, except tires. The trip would have to wait another week to start since I always buy them online. On a whim I decided to call Twisted Throttle since you're only about 1.5 hours away and if you happened to have what I wanted I could start the next day, and that's exactly what happened. Funny thing is it was about $5 cheaper for both tires too. Who'd a thunk it?

So it turns out that you guys played a bigger part in my trip then you probably knew when you handed me a couple of tires.

I've only been in there twice so far, but seems like a good bunch of guys at Twisted.

HowlingMad is offline   Reply With Quote