View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 12:16 PM   #74
TNC
Candyass Camper

Oddometer: 4,618
Wow!...love that vid of the Devil's Colon, Chris. I remember that spot well where one of the guys had a biff. It was the only spot I remember getting my attention a bit last year. It's funny that I didn't have that much trouble with the DR trail on my KLX. I tend to like that kind of terrain if it doesn't get too crazy. Maybe because some of that is a bit like some of our west Texas stuff, I feel more comfortable on it compared to some of the Colorado high country stuff. You rode with me a bit over in the Alpine Loop area, and you know I've become more of a scared, old man. You know, though, how some of that fear disappears when riding with a group like that, because you don't want to be "that guy". I got to ride DR with some of the Ft. Collins area guys on their fancy KTMs, and I guarantee they pushed me further and harder than I normally go these days. The other thing I liked about DR is how it's not shredded like some of the classic trails around Moab have become with heavy 4WD and other traffic numbers. DR still retained most of its natural character on the terrain features in my observation. That is a fun trail, great scenery, and challenges that aren't too awfully nasty. Very nice vid as always.
TNC is offline   Reply With Quote