Old 10-31-2012, 02:35 PM   #11
spezjag
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperbikemike View Post
Alstare Ducati with Checa and Guintoli?
From Google Translate:

"It 'lasted a year, the [lack] of Francis Batta [from] Superbike. In 2013, [unless there are] last minute surprises, the [Belgian] manager and Ducati will sign an agreement that binds them for next season.

[This] Will be an official team to all effects (which might be called again Ducati-Alstare as in the past), and the structure of the team is ready to 90%.

"I was organizzandomi" [<--Google fails at that word!] said Francis Batta "to race in Supersport with the MV Agusta F3 if we had reached an agreement. I contacted some people who have worked with me in the past, and [I] did not have a lot of work to evaluate the [possibility of working with] Ducati" .

The team will be reinforced by [a team] engineer who will perform together with the Ducati team and Checa [for] the bulk of development work of this bike that will debut in the World Superbike Championship next year.

"There is still much to discuss" continued Batta, "but I hope to find an agreement. I can not wait to return to Superbike and above all to do [it] with the Ducati."

For now, the plans call for a single rider, Carlos Checa, of course, but Batta spoke with Sylvain Guintoli who has raced [previously] for the Belgian [team]. "Sylvain is a fast guy that has proven to ride a Ducati. [He is] educated, speaks several languages ​,​and made ​​a perfect match with Checa. Surely they both [can add to the] team and this will undoubtedly lead to the development of the bike. But first we have to find the budget to field two riders. "

"Tomorrow we might find out something more."

Only a motorcyclist knows why a cheetah hangs its head out the window. - Peterman
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ6jy8o...ure%3Dyoutu.be
spezjag is offline   Reply With Quote