Originally Posted by Beater
Keep a volt meter on it! Make sure it's charging!
I'll bet you a beer it's not.
You should always keep a cold one on hand just in case I stop by! It is charging.
Since this happened, everybody I talk to has either had a gel battery fail, or has ridden with someone who's gel battery just suddenly quit. My suggestion for anybody who has one is to keep it fresh. If I'm taking off on a long ride and the battery is more than 2 years old, I'm replacing it before I leave. The battery was a Panasonic, BTW. Not that it makes any difference.
I usually carry a meter but had taken it out to use on a shop project. Tomorrow, I'm buying another one strickly for the bike. That will ensure I never need it.
Thanks again for the help. I'm really glad I brought the laptop. That's for sure!
Y'all did good.