Living in New Mexico with Arizona to the west and Colorado to the north off road elevations can get pretty high. I've always loved the 250's but with 3500' to 9000' altitudes the norm I needed to go bigger. Triumph would do well to bump up to at least the 350-500cc range and keeping the weight down. What would be nice......
* $500-$1000 more than DR/KLR
* around 300 lbs
* large dia. / thin wall chrome moly frame (light and reparable)
* 5+ gallon tank
* 8" suspension travel (adjustable would be nice)
* 31"-33" seat height (wider seat, this not being a MX bike)
* decent wattage alternator
* fuel injection
* wide ratio 6 speed
* air cooled (lighter/less maintenance)
* decent headlight
* available options - tubeless rims, center stand, side and top racks
Would this cut into 800XC sales? I don't think so. It would open Triumph up to people intimidated by size, weight, and price.