View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 05:21 AM   #34
hardwaregrrl OP
ignore list

Oddometer: 6,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontic View Post
38mm offset for our triples,
btw, what did you do for steering stop bolts that screw into the triples? I have some big head allen bolts in there with some nuts screwed on to space the bolt up far enough to hit the steering stop... looks like it could do with being turned down a little to get the most out of the turning circle.

I like your rear brake mod. Visually I am not too sure of the adjustable cable ferules, but they seem to do the job very well.
I was trying to think of a downside to doing a cable instead of a rod-
I suppose if you get a large rock fly up and hit it it might more easily apply the rear brake locking up the rear wheel... briefly... but being a cable it will just bounce back out rather than bend in, and it would have to be at a very awkward moment for the rear wheel braking to actually do too much damage.
Well done!
Ah-ha! thanks Hans.....I can barely ride this POS let alone nerd out and remember all the stuff I've changed. I'm glad somone is keeping a tally.!! Hope to see you and the G/S in action soon.

Brake mod has worked well so far, I'm already used to it. I hated using the cable ferrules, but didn't want a permanent mod, guess I could weld them together.

I just used hex head bolts and locked them in with nuts on top and underneath. At full lock, the flat bit of the hex is against the stop, I got a few mm's more doing that VS. an allen head. But who's counting?

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

hardwaregrrl screwed with this post 11-01-2012 at 05:28 AM
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote