Originally Posted by OlafofOregon
• Custom fit dry pods - tailored to fit Great Basin or Coyote Saddlebags
• 100% waterproof interior roll-top dry pod sets to upgrade its Coyote Saddlebag and Great Basin Saddlebag.
• Made in USA
• Constructed of 200-denier PTU coated Nylon with fully sealed seams
• keep gear organized and protected inside the saddlebags’ super-rugged, water resistant outer Bombshell
• both saddlebags will continue to include the standard stuff sacks and pods
These waterproof inner bags are a good first step. I've been waiting for the product to evolve with dust/water proofing since my original purchase many moons ago. The dry bag pod approach reminds me of the old bmw rallye jackets where the waterproof liner is on the inside. More of an after thought really...
I recently took an excellent 11d off-road adventure with my coyote using trash bags for waterproofing. Although these cheap home made liners kept my items dry, mostly from stream crossings, the silk/dust build up on the inside of the coyote over time was also a nuisance.
Just another shout out for cost effective factory sealing (ie, zippers, stitching, fabric) on the outside of the bag. I think many of us would be willing to spend a few dollars more for this option.
To your continued product success and evolution....