View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 10:55 AM   #15
Alcan Rider
Frozen Fossil

Oddometer: 3,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by partireper.it View Post
Would anyone from Alaska know if around March/April the weather allow riderds to ride all the way to the top of the continent?
If you time your ride just right, you can join us in our annual April Fool's Arctic Circle Ride (which we insist all participants realize IS NOT A RALLY!). We try to keep the number of riders below 200 to minimize traffic disruptions on the Dalton Hwy, but for someone coming from way south of the border, we could make an exception.

Khuddy will undoubtedly be riding up from Montana for the event, as he hasn't missed one yet (other than the very first one) and would probably be glad for the company, so you could join him as he travels across the snow-covered wasteland.

I would provide a link to ride reports covering earlier occurrences of this event, but Mr Huddy has gotten a little behind in posting those reports. Something about having difficulty getting the photos uploaded, he claims.

To sign up, just send a PM to khuddy (who posts frequently in this forum) and he will tell you how much to send for the honor of joining the hordes of riders who make this event what it is every year. He might even offer a discount if you will let his friend Maggie ride behind you from Fairbanks to the Circle and back. Your bike can handle two-up riding, can't it?
Haul Road Primer
Alcan Rider is offline   Reply With Quote