View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 11:27 AM   #23
TheRadBaron
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 422
With all the talk of TS125 Dusters above, I figure I'll chime in. Here's the '72 TS125 that I just got running and riding. I've had it for a few years and I've been working on it bit by bit when not working on other projects. It appears to be pretty low mileage and has been well maintained. Unfortunately it's been stripped of most of its road gear. Other than the missing parts, everything is in great condition. I got it for next to nothing because one of the engine cases was cracked. The boss that the oil injection pump mounts to had a crack around its perimeter. I can't figure out what would have caused that, but I bought a set of used cases and rebuilt the motor into them. I've spent most of the day today riding it around out in the country and while it's not the fastest 2-stroke I've ever ridden, it's probably the best running. This thing just runs great, and it's a blast to ride.
When I saw this bike for sale I almost didn't buy it because I have a few other 100 and 125cc enduros, but I liked the shape of the exhaust on the TS so much I bought it anyway. After having ridden it, I'm very glad that I did. The black pipe with the chrome shield is striking, and I love the shape of it. It reminds me of early '70s Japanese big-bore motocrossers. The bike didn't come with a kicker, so I dug through my bin until I found one with the same splines. I think it might be from a CB750, and it's much bigger than needed.