View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 04:50 PM   #32
f650gsa OP
de la Mobra la BMW

Oddometer: 585
Day 5 Salina UT to Baker NV

Day 5 Salina UT to Baker NV

We spent the night before at a campground in Salina along with two other riders from Mississippi . Both were on TAT and both are part of advrider.com - Adam ( Trialsbikeadam ) and his buddy Justin . In the morning we had breakfast at Mom's Cafe where we meet another rider doing TAT . I can't remember his name anymore but I do remember that his riding partner badly crashed on Eagle Canyon few days prior and had to leave home .

As the day went we did well for the most part , less the ATV trail from Richfield to Kanosh . I disliked it 5 years ago and we disliked it this year . Going up hill was OK but going down hill was horrible . We just couldn't ride the bikes slow enough without sliding . It is very steep , has round loose rocks and the ATV tracks just sends you all over . To make sure that we don't crash badly we slowly lowered the bikes with the engines off . We got lost few times and had to back-track the trail as our GPS units had some messed up maps uploaded . Made it safe to Baker NV after another long day on the saddle .

f650gsa screwed with this post 11-01-2012 at 04:58 PM
f650gsa is offline   Reply With Quote