View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 07:33 PM   #41
roly1 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Talking Day 18

Day 18 - Mui Ne to Bao Loc - There and back again

I was supposed to stay in Mui Ne until a day before my rental term with the bike was up, but I became very bored with the lethargy of the place and felt depressed to think that the fun was over. The restaurants were great but all the so called 'attractions' were pretty poor. I missed the adrenaline and chaos of the roads.

I started a hastily planned trip up towards the Cambodian border.

The first leg would take me back up the the great mountain road I came South on before I headed North West to Gia Nghia through Bao Loc. I was deliberately heading to areas I knew foreigners rarely visited. Knocking a lady from her bike 10 minutes into the ride was a bad start, but she saw me and should have moved. I stopped, helped her pick up the bags of fish scattered over the road when she fell over, checked she was ok, and then got on my way.

A small crowd of people in a remote(ish) village all refused to touch my camera, there was actual fear in one ladies eyes. A hero strode forth from them and managed this well framed classic -

Somewhere high, Vietnam

A little before hitting the mountain roads again I met up with two great Australian bikers on very powerful trail bikes, father and son Anthony and Ethan. They were great company with good advice about riding in Vietnam. We stopped for drinks a couple of times, before parting ways as they headed East for Dalat.

Fellow riders, Vietnam

The comparison I made is that they had all the gear and all the ideas, whereas I had not much gear and some questionable ideas, if any.

Mountainside cafe, Vietnam

The ride from the mountains to Bao Loc was quick and easy. On the main road I found a very nice hotel, the Minh Quan. I appreciated being somewhere cooler than the lowlands and, as I had read, the coffee there opens portals to new dimensions.

Road to Bao Loc, Vietnam

roly1 screwed with this post 10-20-2013 at 02:05 PM
roly1 is offline   Reply With Quote