View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 06:16 AM   #186
ms-oz
Mike

Oddometer: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakar83 View Post
Been tinkering with the setup as one does. Adjusting the lights in the Britannia Composites fairing as they were pointing skyward after the front suspension was fixed. I'll get the bike out one night this weekend and see how the lights perform.
Also need to have a play with the front suspension settings, WR450 cartridges have been fitted with Compression adjustment on the right fork and rebound on the left. Its certainly much firmer since the work was done and possibly needs easing off a little as I am not riding fully loaded (fuel 43L or panniers spec'd at 30Kg fully loaded).

I have also been meaning to weigh the beast. I heard from a couple of sources that a set of bathroom scales can be used to weigh each end alternately, then add the 2 weights together and you have a fairly accurate measure. So I gave it a try, I used my own weight as a reference to test the scales and they were good. The combined front/back weight came in at 195kg dry without tools and tail bag thats ok!

I looked up the specs for the R80g/s and was surprised to see its dry weight listed at 186Kg without tools
So i searched up the weights for HPN's and found the listed dry weight to be 190Kg so 195Kg for the beastie was not so bad, though I am wondering where that extra 5kg is squirreled away perhaps its the Bosch starter motor (thats on its way out) I believe the Valeo is half the weight but not as reliable? I have a Valeo in my parts bin so I am contemplating giving it a go.
I was only 2kg off with my guess, 225kg - 32kg (43lt fuel) = 193kg
I don't know where numbers for HPN are coming from.
My bike scales 198kg -32kg (43lt fuel) - 2 kg tools incl. tank wallet - 1kg tailbag = 163.kg
Startermotor
Bosch 5kg verified
Valeo 3.6kg verified
Nippondenso 2.8kg vendor data
ms-oz is offline   Reply With Quote