View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 09:32 AM   #140
Chadx
Off the road again..

Oddometer: 2,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardstick View Post
Where is the option for those of us who would say, "The LC8 based, dirt-biased bikes are my unicorn! I have no interest in the 1190 or the mythical, small twin."?
That will likely be a matter of finding a used Super Enduro or grabbing a current 990 Adventure, while they last, and modding. Seems everything, nowadays, needs to fit in a "catagory" and with the Adventure Touring bikes all migrating to 1,200cc, and the big singles hovering between 500 - 690cc, that leaves the 700 - 800cc middleweight multicylinder class.

That isn't all bad. There is a lot of ways to implement an 800cc bike. Light, high hp race motor, offroad focused or more adventure focused with lower hp, efficiency and reliability in mind. I'm happy that the 1190 rides dirty as good as that preliminary report. That might just have some of the 990 fans changing their opinion once they get a ride on one. Will be fun to hear how it compares in the inevitable new shootouts. I hope the first one is against the 990 Adventure.

Even in this thread there seem to be two camps for this midsize unicorn. Those focused on more relaxed and relliable and those wanting a more aggressive bike or even a 690-based bike. We'll not all get our wish (and maybe none of us) but it sure is fun to talk about it!
Chadx is offline   Reply With Quote