Thread: Para-curious
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 11:34 AM   #1
Airhead Wrangler OP
Adios Mexico

Oddometer: 6,284
Para-curious

Alright, so I'm fiending for my airhead fix. I'm a member of the monolever camp, but unfortunately the only options near me here are R100GSPDs. There's a thoroughly hacked, butchered, and welded on G/S available 4 hours away, but the guy wants $8k for it. No thanks, senor. Anyway, I found 2 GSPDs. One is a black '91 w/ 50,000 miles on it, a wonky looking rear shock and it looks a little rough around the edges. The guy is asking $4,000US for it. The second (better) option is a red '93 with 20,000 miles on the clock, optional rear "sport suspension" (a WP piggyback shock), and pretty clean all around. The guy is asking $5,000 for it, but is VERY motivated to sell. I'll probably offer him 4. Asking prices in Mexico are typically much more optimistic than in the states and thereby flexible. (photos below) I'm going to go check them out (and maybe ride one home) on Sunday. I'd never seen a solid red GSPD. Could this be original paint?

Current rides: HPN #834, '93 R100GSPD "red rocket", '73 R75/5 Toaster mongrel, '80 Ducati Pantah 500SL, '92 DR350, '67 Honda SS50, '80 Honda Chaly.
Airhead Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote