View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 11:43 AM   #127
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by mknight View Post
This is so cool! Reminds me a great deal of what we went through this summer preparing for the ISDE. For those that have never prepped for a huge event like Baja, ISDE, Dakar, etc., it's amazing how many of the little details there are to stress about.

Phil, you are truly a good man to jump in and help out Frog with all the bike prep. What a huge burden taken off him. You should have hollered when you were doing mousses.....I've got a 17 year old that "loves" to change mousse bibs now, go figure, and we've also got a pretty sweet changer that makes the process a whole lot less painful.

Frog....do you have any of those cool T-shirts for sale, or are they limited edition for crew while down there in Baja?

Keep up the great work and preparation. Can't wait to see this all play out. I'm a sucker for a good race story.
My shirts should be here by the 7th and I have some extras. I'll send you and your son one.

Installing rear bib mouse for enduros is a little different then high speed desert. Front is the same and easy rear is a serious pain.

I was told by an ex dakar team manager to get the biggest size possible and stuff it in there otherwise they won't last. So you end up with a 140 bib in a 120 tire. They are pretty stiff at the beginning but after a few miles they are really nice and after 500 they are pretty soft. We definetly wouldn't have turned down help and some pointers.
frog is online now   Reply With Quote