View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 12:06 PM   #177
MasterMarine OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by wachs View Post
Great trip fellas!

The story I heard on the mystery bunker: Some guy from Grants Pass area bought 300+ acres out there and erected the building. He apparently owns a sand and gravel or heavy equipment operation and had all the gear to build his hut. During construction we saw quite a bit of equipment out there with several shipping containers. Have camped on the north side of the butte many times and was kinda bummed to see his structure now permanently identifiable on the horizon over there but at least he tried to color it sage.
Good to see you riding something with 2 wheels again, Dave!
Thanks for your input. It was a great trip! I love these trips! I cannot wait until it is time to get down there again.

Do you know anything about that weird fence between Denio Junction and McDermitt that we ran across on Day 4?

Have you guys ever looked into the ownership of the Glass House? It looks like it might be owned by the Feds (donated by the original owners). It would be cool to get it set up like the cabins in Death Valley where people take care of it and then it is available for staying in.

Also, do you have any pics of the rough wagon trail road up from there to the Shirk Ranch? That was a bad mother! Definitely not recommended for the big bikes!
MasterMarine is offline   Reply With Quote