Thread: Gone Walkabout
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 01:16 PM   #100
HowlingMad OP
drags knuckles

Oddometer: 1,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopBoy View Post
Like a lot of riders, we follow others' RR and hope to emulate them one day. I appreciate your honesty and emotional input to this report. Spiritually we follow you and wish you the best, and hope you find peace and a future purpose that suits you. Lovely photos, good text and honesty. Thank you for sharing this with us. It's a great gift from you to us and I thank you.
Thanks for that, sometimes when I re-read my posts later I feel like it sounds like a teenage girl on some emotional roller coaster ride. Probably painfully accurate, actually.

I've read a lot of other people ride reports and lots of books on the topic. They range from manly man reports like Striking Viking (Two Wheels Through Terror) and Emilio Scotto (The Longest Ride) to highly entertaining like Lois Pryce (Lois on the Loose) but my favorite is Ted Simon. I really appreciate his honesty. He's not out to impress us, but bring us along for the ride through the ups and downs, courageous and scared moments. I've tried to honor that as best as my inarticulate ability will permit.

P.S. Not to say Lois is anything but honest in her style, really love her stuff. Lois, you rock

HowlingMad is offline   Reply With Quote