View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 04:58 PM   #17
jarthur
Old Desert Rat

Oddometer: 230
TE 610 Info

There is a TE 610 thread under Thumpers here on ADV. Good resource generally. I have had a 2006 model since 2007, and I do nearly all maintenance myself. The bike is pretty good in OEM trim. There are a few mods that I feel are definitely worth the expense (Ex. IMS 4 or 5 gallon tank), depending on intended use.

The best advice of all is a reliable source of parts. MotoXotica in Vacaville is best for parts 707-446-4282. Malcolm Smith is OK in Riverside. George at Uptite Husqvarma in OC is very knowledgable, but sometimes hard to reach, and not timely on getting stuff done at least by phone (Ex. I asked for a replacement rear bracket for one of his bash plates. Three months later I still did not have one. I bought another bash plate from a competitor. My riding buddy bought one of his clutch lever assemblies, but the hole for the cable was not right. He shipped it to George who promised to ream the hole bigger. Months later he still has not gotten it back. Maybe George is better if you walk in the door. His products are very well done though.)

Feel free to e-mail or PM me if you have questions.

'06 Husky TE 610, '07 Triumph Tiger 1050, '93 ATK 605
jarthur is offline   Reply With Quote