View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 06:27 PM   #38
cynicwanderer OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 555
ok, got xr400 forks, xr400r wheel, maxxis IT tyre.... on my xr350r and took it out for a test ride this morning at the local OHV area. I couldn't do my standard test course to get a time, which is what I use to help evaluate my suspension changes, because they were setting up for this weekend's hare scramble. I would be tempted to enter it, but I have the cowbell enduro this sunday to go to. the xr400 front end felt pretty good, I won't know how it compares to my xr650l front end until I get some timing. I suspect there is not much difference.

I also got my xr650l forks back from a rebuild, but couldn't get the seat for the xr200r recovered in time for this weekend. now I have to decide between the xr350 (with xr400 front) and the xr200 (with xr350 front) for this weekend's ride. I have not ridden there (midcreek above upper clear lake), so I don't know. I asked the local ex enduro champs, and one recommended the xr200 while he other said, I shouldn't have any prorblems with either bike, but probably don't need the horse power of the xr350, just footpeg clearance for some of the rutted out sections. incidentally both the xr200 (thanks to it's smaller engine) and the xr350 have about the same ground clearance. still can't decide. since the xr350 currently had the better time keeping setup, it has a slight advantage for me.

I'm also going to drill vent holes in the camera case, since it tends to fog up and probably overheats in there as well. I plan to use some gortex patching material from REI to cover the holes to keep the majority if the mud/water out of it.
cynicwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote