View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 03:47 AM   #2656
gkaan
Bikes on the Brain

Oddometer: 512
hp2e 19/17

hey woody - i saw your slightly used hp2e 19 / 17 canyon carver setup for sale and i am interested. i am no longer going to be riding my hp2e off road and am in the process of converting it for better on road performance. i am also planning on selling my ktm 950sm and would like my hp2e to handle like the KTM! i know its a tall order to say the least but the hp2e has potential as an uber supermoto IMO. its light for a big beast, has ample power, and ergonomically its perfect for me as like the HP2E I'm a bit oversized myself . Of course the handling and braking are the areas that need to be fixed first.

anyway, i have the 17" set up and do not like the way the front end behaves. i cant quite put my finger on why. it seems stable enough for the riding i do which is primarily very tight and twisty back roads. I dont have a lot of wide open spaces that i ride but instead i ride a lot on go kart track - like roads. the 17" is ok up to a point but it just doesn't have a linear feel at extreme lean angles falling away in unnerving fashion. does this make sense? do you think the 19" set up will cure this? The long wheelbase makes quick transitions more challenging than the KTM but i assume these wheels are lighter and stronger than the stock SM wheels? I am installing the fast bike industries fork kit and assume there is no issues fitting this set up along with your wheels? will these wheels and rotors bolt right up with the existing calipers? im not wanting to change the seat height or riding position and assume i do not have to modify this for the 19/17 set up? lastly, how many miles on these and what would they cost me new?

Apologize for all the questions. we can chat live if it is easier.

thanks

gkaan screwed with this post 11-03-2012 at 07:43 AM
gkaan is offline   Reply With Quote