View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 07:21 AM   #335
JDowns OP
Sounds good, let's go!

Oddometer: 2,548
Slept like the dead last night which was appropriate considering the Mexican holiday. This is where I stayed last night:

Hotel Juana Maria one block east and three blocks north of the central square on Diego de Monte Mayor street. Very nice place for 200 pesos I thought. Had a nice chat with Martha (pronounced Marta) the night desk clerk. And these are the steps I hopped to park in the lobby:

Piece of cake on a small dirt bike. And seguro parking behind the couch in the lobby for the night:

It would be a nice place for Trice to stay if he comes down on his Rocket III. That bike would look fantastic parked behind the couch here. Muy macho moto sculpture, could use a skid plate for stair hopping though:

It was hard to decide what to wear this morning but finally chose the Zombie Apocalypse training camp T-shirt from my vast wardrobe and went down to the plaza to see the remains of the festival displays from yesterday:

By the time I walked down to the park the peach and pink sunrise tones were gone from the sky but the mountains Trice mentioned are beautiful this morning off to the east:

And the view off to the east from the bandstand in the town square:

Pictures don't really capture the looming closeness. Everything is serene this morning after a Friday night of festival reveling. Just the birds chirping in the trees and the cathedral across the street catching the morning light:

It's brisk out this morning up in the mountains and nothing is open so time to head back to the office:

and send more pictures and stories from the roads less traveled.

More later….

Kindest regards,
John Downs

JDowns screwed with this post 11-03-2012 at 07:58 AM
JDowns is offline   Reply With Quote