View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 10:14 AM   #7
BeachGuy
Alabama & Costa Rica

Oddometer: 469
Byron1, sorry to hear about your problems. I will give you a few suggestions that might help.

1. Same thing happened to me two years ago in Honduras at about the same location. Bent wheel on front. Not as bad as yours but deffently a front wheel shimmy.
2. I made it to my home in Costa Rica and then had it fixed.

Possible solutions:

I will email my buddy in Costa Rica and get the phone number and email of the shop that fixed my cast aluminum wheel for $20.00.

You could take Tica Bus from Leon to San Jose with the wheel and then return to Leon with it. I'm sure he could roll out that dent on the rim. They do it every day. I will also ask them who in Managua does the same thing, they will know a good shop if there is one.

On your second problem of the rear shock. I had put one on my K 75 just before I left for Costa Rica. I ordered it for a rather large (read as Fat Ass) rider, me. It has about 2000 miles on it and my bike is in Costa Rica. You and I can come to some kinda of agreement on it if its your last choice. I believe that they are the same length eye to eye.

The BMW dealer is in Pavas, just suburbs of San Jose. They have a Web Site.

My brother in law is at his place in Chichigalpa, Nic. now about 15 kilometers back towards Chinendaga, he speaks English and if you feel you need a little extra help with the locals I know he will be happy to help or give advice as he sells Chinese Motorcycles locally (under 200cc).

Let me know if any of this will help your cause.

Jeff
2014 Ride Report: Ring of Ireland in 30 days
One of the beautiful things about riding solo is the quality of the social experience.
BeachGuy is offline   Reply With Quote