View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 09:46 AM   #494
Tiffany OP
Airhead Adventuress

Oddometer: 924
Question Heading Home

Thelma was last seen being wheeled into the shipping agents' warehouse somewhere in deepest, darkest New Jersey, whilst I was then partying in New York for my final night before flying home.
I always have mixed emotions when I'm heading back to England after a journey. Even more so if I'm not actually riding Thelma, and having to once more navigate through a busy airport with a load of bike gear.
I feel a sense of accomplishment at having achieved something, a sense of loss that the journey is over and anticipation about going home- I love where I live and have a close network of family and friends whom I'm always looking forward to seeing again.
JFK Airport, incidentally had the most unpleasant jobs worth person I have ever encountered at any airport...and Yes, I did tell her that

But they let me out and I made it back to England, some weeks later, Thelma arrived...

The Aylward Brothers, friends of mine from London had come alongg to assist collecting Thelma from the docks.

It was a bit of a struggle because I'm a bit short to be of much use once Thelma is on a ramp and neither of these guys rides motorbikes...at all!
We eventually got Thelma into the back of the van

www.tiffanystravels.co.uk
Tiffany's youtube video

Tiffany screwed with this post 11-03-2012 at 10:12 AM
Tiffany is offline   Reply With Quote