View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 10:12 AM   #82
KTM Mike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 246
Reino - Your tank appears to be a stock KTM tank from a XC or XCW. I dont know for sure, but maybe the stock SX tank is smaller? (I think they are or at least used to be). The actual weight of the empty tank really is not that much at all. It seems the aftermarket tanks are usually larger tanks - and chances are you wont find them to be any lighter. If your enduros are similar to here in the US, I doubt you will want a smaller tank as you would want the fuel range offered by what you already have. For motocross - smaller would be fine though. Maybe just dont fill it up all the way when you dont need the extra fuel range. You have it prioritized correctly - getting the suspension really set up properly is going to mean a lot more for you in a race than the few ounce you might save with a different tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reino View Post
This is my do it all 2006 250sx now with a full pro circuit system and a large and very heavy tank that i want to replace. A 2006 525 ktm feels lighter when i handle it (not riding), but i enjoy my bike tremendously. Next year i enter my first enduro race and in december i enter my first motocross race.

A few things planed for the coming years (in order):
1-Get my suspension sorted with a fork service and new springs for my weight.
2-APTpower carb (google it)
3-vforce 4 reeds
4-New transparent tank (hopefully a lighter tank)

Northern Michigan home on 40 wooded acres for sale. Located on MCCT, ride direct to over 200 miles of ORV trails. 4 miles of trails on the property. PM me for more info
KTM Mike is offline   Reply With Quote