View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 04:09 PM   #83
Reino
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM Mike View Post
Reino - Your tank appears to be a stock KTM tank from a XC or XCW. I dont know for sure, but maybe the stock SX tank is smaller? (I think they are or at least used to be). The actual weight of the empty tank really is not that much at all. It seems the aftermarket tanks are usually larger tanks - and chances are you wont find them to be any lighter. If your enduros are similar to here in the US, I doubt you will want a smaller tank as you would want the fuel range offered by what you already have. For motocross - smaller would be fine though. Maybe just dont fill it up all the way when you dont need the extra fuel range. You have it prioritized correctly - getting the suspension really set up properly is going to mean a lot more for you in a race than the few ounce you might save with a different tank.
Suspension especially on a ktm is very important. I don't fill up completely on a short ride.

I have handled the exc and xc-w and they are not as heavy. If a 525 exc feels lighter than than my 250sx, than there is a problem. I just find it weird that my bike is so heavy.

Our enduros are usually 10 loops of 10km, with a chance to go to the pit every 1 loop. so i can manage with a standard tank, but i am going to change my tank anyway one day to an transparent tank. I still wonder if it is not my tank, what makes my bike so heavy? Does anyone have any suggestion on why my bike feels so heavy?

I must admit i have not weighed my bike, but that will come later.

sorry for my grammar and spelling, i have had a lot of beer's just before i wrote this response.

"Nothing makes me smile more than the muscles in my face." - Hendrik Moller

Similar project in the works http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y91Jms6MyCY.
Reino is offline   Reply With Quote