View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 04:50 PM   #4
Ras Thurlo OP
Desert Lion

Oddometer: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontic View Post
HPMGuy told me, for an extra cost he could make the same kind of Rdubb triples but with a different offset, so that might be an option as well.
I guess that ride height + wheel base will come down to a compromise between suspension travel and handling - influenced by subjective factors such as rider height and typical ride terrain

This therefore leaves trail as a more objective set of trimming variables.

So following this line of argument, the question then becomes (for my goals) what can be done about reducing trail - be it through reduction of rake or offsets.

A recent conversation with Klaus @ HPN led me to believe that they do address rake angle on the headstock, but I am not quoting him on it as I did not dwell on this at the time, so may have misunderstood.

Common sense would say that triple clamps would be an easier and less invasive means of getting to the same end. But dont know what is a reasonable bandwidth of t-clamp rake and offset variance.

I am trying to understand how to have max travel suspension and min trail - as my ride terrain lends itself to flickability rather than straightline desert blasting. However understanding how to get there helps both ways

Ras Thurlo screwed with this post 11-07-2012 at 11:26 AM
Ras Thurlo is offline   Reply With Quote