View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 08:18 PM   #244
Piston
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by oj may View Post
Does anyone have a grapple attached to the stock FEL?

Do you like it?
How much/what kind is it?
How much use does it get?

I have thought about getting a back hoe thumb, but now I am considering this alternative.
I know this is an older quote but....

I love my 64" WR Long OBG2 grapple... http://www.wrlonginc.com/obg2.htm
I believe when I bought it 2 yrs ago, it was close to $1,500. Not the cheapest out there, but I've never had one problem with it, and I've put it through a lot. I would buy from them again. Also excellent customer service, I also have their 3rd function valve kit.
As far as how much use it gets, it's almost always on my tractor. I do a lot of woods/brush work and small scale land clearing. I drop a lot of trees for firewood and my portable sawmill, so the grapple is about the only thing I use on the front end loader. I could get buy without my bucket...I could never get buy without my grapple. I went over a year without putting my bucket on my tractor, almost all my use is with the grapple.
I can't recommend a grapple enough.
“What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race.”
Piston is offline   Reply With Quote