View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 07:01 AM   #29235
johngil
Reseda, CA

Oddometer: 3,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by russt View Post
I know this is the "ride thread", but wanted to get the question out to this group. As we all live in roughly the same area with the same traffic/ terrian. I am looking at getting a big bike in the next few months and am interested in what some of you have experienced with 2-up riding. Your likes/ dislikes of riding with a passenger on your bike. How does your bike handle, how is the power of your bike with a pasanger, and what your suggestions would be. I am considering everything from the F800GS, 950/990 Adv, 1200GS, Super Tenere, Tiger... In the next few weeks we are going to start test riding together, and am interested in what your experiences have been. This will be for road tours with boxes or bags, and as long as we are getting a big bike, I want to hit the dirt too. Currently ride a DR650 as my daily commuter/ dirt bike/ ADV bike and my wife wants to go out for multi day trips; bigger bike is needed.

Thanks in Advance!
I wouldn't get less than a 1000cc. I never really liked my 800 on the road and that was w/o a passenger.
johngil is offline   Reply With Quote