View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 08:29 AM   #86
KTM Mike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reino View Post
I am mildly worried about the bikes weight, those 2009 250-300xc-w's feel extremely light compared to my bike. I will weigh my bike the and tank when i am back home during my vacation.
Previously you were comparing the SX's weight vs a 525 4 stroke.

The 2009 300 XCW's weigh 221.3 according to this web site: http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/24235/...-300-XC-W.aspx (I could not find it on the web site I referenced before).

A good friend of mine has a 2009 300 XC-W that I have put around 75 mile of riding on. Weight wise, it "felt" to me very similar to my 2005 EXC, if not a tad heavier. I suspect that much that is likely due to it having the electric start however. The 2009 does seem to carry it's weight differently to (better).

I highly doubt there is anything "wrong" with your bike's actual weight unless some one bolted on some lumps of lead to it! . In your pictures, your bike looks essentially stock - nothing there that would make it feel noticeably heavier. Sounds like you are simply looking for an good reason to buy a lot of expensive "lighter" parts for it. If I were seriously racing again the first thing I would lighten would be me.

Northern Michigan home on 40 wooded acres for sale. Located on MCCT, ride direct to over 200 miles of ORV trails. 4 miles of trails on the property. PM me for more info
KTM Mike is offline   Reply With Quote