View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 10:04 AM   #272
Sutherngintelmen
around the bend

Oddometer: 1,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by biodieselandon View Post
Did you get a Clearwater specifically for your bike? I really want something that integrates into the CANbus system.
I did not get specific for the bike - went with the universal because I had a place to mount them for prior POS absolute junk Trail Tech SCMR 16's.

FWIW I don't believe CANbus will come into play - I'm wired straight to battery (via fuse block) and though I encourage you to check around believe this is the preferred powering approach.

Quote:
I can see a fog light indicator in the instrument cluster. Anyone know if that is something that can easily be used?
I haven't seen the 2013 model but wonder if the indicator light is for bulb failure (mine illuminated yellow when low beam burned out.)

Quote:
A little input from me: I hit a deer about a month ago on my 2013 F800 a week after I got it. I came up over a hill and I could not see the deer until it was too late. Aux lights may have helped prevent this. The stock headlight is on the F8 is not very good IMO. The one on my G650GS was way better. Eventually I will update the headlight to HID as well.
Sorry to hear that - I was within feet of same in September at 70 mph - could have ended very badly. I'd wait and see how much extra vis you get from LED before exploring main conversion to HID. You might be satisfied as these cook the night
There is a pleasure in the pathed woods, There is a rapture in the smoking pipe, There is chaos, where none intrudes, in the deep dell, with its thrills roar; I love not nature less, but bikes the more. Byron riding.

All pics < 6/30/12 deleted by Apple Now with SmugMug supporting ADV
Sutherngintelmen is offline   Reply With Quote