View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 01:43 PM   #247
Piston
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 279
Quote:
Having been through the SAME sort of clearing I know what that's like. Many a winter day were spent sweating.
I have to say, I really didn't work up a sweat too often, the grapple pretty much did all the work.

You will certainly miss that excavator, but of course, you can't have one of everything and all your major digging is done. I think you'll be really happy with the amount of work you can get done with a compact tractor. You may wanna seriously think about stepping up to whatever the next size loader is though, the LA724 isn't a very strong loader.

Also, if your dead set on Kubota then you can't go wrong with them. I have dealt with the dealership out of Tilton a few times and they have been extremely helpful for me. They even let me come into the back and pick through they're fittings when I needed some hydraulic hoses replaced. Those guys helped me for a good 45mins for a 15 dollar sale.
However, if your open to other brands then certainly don't shy away from Kioti. They have proven themselves. I probably won't be buying another Kubota in the future, even though I'm very happy with mine, but there are a few things about them that I just don't like, mostly personal preference though.

This is one of the larger rocks I've picked up with my grapple. No way could I have done that with the clamshell style.
“What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race.”
Piston is online now   Reply With Quote