View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 02:45 PM   #32
Marsh Tiger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3rse View Post
I see this game as a means of A) encouraging people to ride to places they normally wouldn't, and B) encouraging people to document their endeavours. It would seem to me, the more active games running in parallel, the more likely you would be to get people not normally interested in playing to go document a tag a few blocks from them, and possibly get them engaged in the game. I don't see having more games as a problem, but simply giving the members here more chances to put his or her mark on the game. Maybe I missed the mark.... Like I said, I'll be riding whether I take pictures or not.
The game worked for years as is. People play when they can, the new Charleston will be no different.

Quote:
The reason some of the tags seemed to linger, is because they were further than a lot of people were willing to go for a day ride. I would normally not care about putting these miles on my bike, but I'm not made of money, and chains, tires, oil, fuel, cams, valves, piston rings, main/rod bearings, tranny dogs, gears, clutches, etc are all consumable parts. Because I'm a maintenance Nazi, I do my valve adjustments every 6k miles, and the more I ride without good reason, the quicker I have to replace parts, tackle big tasks, and the more money I spend to see places that I likely couldn't give two shits about seeing. If this game is the motivation some people need to get out and ride, that's great. I don't need motivation, so I'll play when it's convenient.
Everybody has to do maintenance, you seem to REALLY enjoy it (that's not a poke, it's cool if you like to work on your bike)

Quote:
I really wasn't trying to harp on anyone. It's not like I'm talking to a group of Harley owners that spend more time polishing their heavy chrome behemoths than putting time into developing adequate skills. It just seems like (and this is the American way), that the people complaining aren't the people contributing.
You feel this way because you haven't spent enough time playing to know who plays. When you decide to take a break from tag will you be upset if someone tells you that you are not contributing? I think I can speak for many of us when I say this whole thing started with one man's bad mood. Had this game come about under different circumstances it may have been greeted with open arms. Tag will not always move at a pace that suits all of us. There are other games on ADV that may. Did any of you ever consider looking before you decided to blow up the community? When this game fails to meet the collectives standards of the group will another one be created? The conclusion can easily be drawn that you didn't, nor did you care if you offended inmates that have been playing the lowcountry game longer than presumably you have lived in Charleston or at least known about the game. Please do not presume that we must not care because you haven't seen us play much.

I sure as hell hope that this has reached the discussion stage, if anyone took offense to anything I said, I'm sorry--that you have thin skin.
Marsh Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote