View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 06:47 PM   #11
frog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong Bad View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This!

The thing you have to remember is that this is endurance racing. You start each race with only so much energy that day, how you spend that energy during the race will determine if you finish or not. "To finish first, you must first finish!!" As you build endurance, your speed should also increase as you prolly won't be spending as much energy to go fast as you did when you started racing. You will learn that there are places that you will be able to relax and recover. Almost NOBODY racing today can go 100% the entire race. Pace yourself at 75 to 80% and use short bursts of 100 or 110% to pass.
B.s. come Nov 15 I'm going 110% till LA paz. Lol.

Riding is the best training... if you are in decent physical shape. If you can't finish a 45 mile race without being spent go to the gym and you'll soon be able to do two loops.

Until two months ago I had never gone to the gym to train but an upcoming race warranted it. Now I wish I had done it sooner. Huge difference in my riding.
frog is online now   Reply With Quote