View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 07:52 PM   #40
SteveO
Huh???

Oddometer: 1,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_John View Post
Gang, I have flipped and back forth on the feedback from 2012 in a couple of areas. 2012 was a tough damn ride....sometimes too tough with a loaded bike. A bit of feedback was to provide a sagwagon to haul the gear.

I cannot do that. I will keep the passion and spirit of this ride, as it was originally created.

This is an extreme adventure ride where we will carry our gear and tent camp. There will be no chase vehicles and no trailer hauling gear.

This will be a team ride and we will help each other and everyone will be a successful finisher (minus a major mechanical challenge).

There will be 3-4 nights where a motel will be an option, but 3-4 where tent camping is required at a remote location.

I will do my very best to sculpt the route where we get a hot shower at least every other nigh

This ride is for only a small population of adventure explorers that want challenge and phenomenal sense of accomplishment.
Yeah! That's what I'm talking about.

Let's make this a R-e-a-l adventure....

Life is a mist in the wind, here today and gone tomorrow; know who you are and where you are going after you pass through death's door.
SteveO is offline   Reply With Quote