View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 04:44 AM   #17
momi20
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jerk View Post
Hey all,
I'm in the beginning stages of researching a southeast Asia trip which will hopefully include some riding in Vietnam.

What I'd ideally like to do is find a place that will allow me to rent a bike, ride the length of Vietnam, and drop off the bike at the opposite end of the country. So far my Internet research has revealed lots of companies that do local hires but I haven't really seen anything tailored to what I'm looking to do. Does anyone have any input or recommendations? I just stumbled across the web site of Flamingo Travel which has offices in both Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City. Anybody have any experience with them?

I have seen conflicting information on whether an international driver's license is valid in Vietnam. Anyone know for sure? I have read that you are only eligible to get a Vietnamese driver's license if you have a > 3 month visa.

My goal for this trip is to eat my way through the entirety of Vietnam.
I just begin to write my report, but still there are some informations for you. I rented my bike from Flamingo Travel: helpfull and professional.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=838798
momi20 is offline   Reply With Quote