View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 05:40 AM   #2725
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlackPearl View Post
Not many pics on here lately... so I decided to put up some from yesterday's ride!
After last weeks snow and down to -5C (during the day that is!) I already thought this years riding season over. BUT - yesterday brought a beautiful autumn day with sun, blue skies and temperatures around 15C in the valley!
So I took the bike to do the shopping and it felt so good that I spontaneously changed plans and went for a wee ride over some nice passes to Chamonix-Mont Blanc.
Mind you, I was riding in my leathers without any extra jacket and summer gloves. Not bad at all for November in the Alps. It got a bit chilly up the passes, but I had dry roads and sunshine all the way, garnished with those amazingly beautiful autumn colours.
(The only good thing about this tourist trap that is Chamonix was that they had a public toilet... )
Mighty Mont Blanc itself was pretty much covered in clouds, so I didn't take any pictures.
I still don't have a decent camera so please connive at the poor picture quality. And of course they are all still lifes..e that there will be some more days for ride outs like that this year.
Right now the rain is pattering on the roof window... Cosy sunday afternoon.
If only I wouldn't have to work...

Cheers y'all.

Hi mate ..good to see you managed to get out in some stunning scenery (great pics). I am jealous! 15C and dry roads! ...... We managed to get out for a run yesterday too but - ugh! - it was 150 miles of wet greasy roads and 4C ...It was good to get a ride but we were filthy and frozen by the time we got back ...first stop had to be to the 'Jet Wash' at a nearby garage. It was as if we had been doing Moto-X!

These from our lunch stop..... Graeme's Panigale and Garry's S1000RR...

I discovered that my 'Power One' track day tires with their minimal tread pattern (none on the sides) was not the ideal choice of tyres for such conditions... with the rear spinning up exiting a few of the bends (clenched buttocks and a very gentle right wrist were the 'order of the day' )

Did I say 'it was as if we went Off- roading' .................some did ....

Snow back on the hills.. on ills ....
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote