View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 07:05 AM   #828
drdubb
OFWG

Oddometer: 371
Took it for the first spin

Since you guys helped me pick it, I thought I'd post here. Took the DR out for the first time last week. Short ride. I stopped to do a walk around and discovered I'd forgotten to put the plate on it, so I scurried home. Seems to have a lot of juice. I was surprised how fast I was going several times. I am used to a much heavier bike.

I've taken it apart since to check out a few things.

Need chain and sprockets, those are ordered.
Ordered new front springs, rear next month. (I'm broke)
Needs a few bolts, nuts here and there. Ordered
The airbox has been modded and K&N filters added. Got some hoses hanging out that I need to trace. Need to pull the carb and see what jetting was done.
Bike came with an unmounted Kenda 705. Need to get a tube and mount that. Do you guys use rim protectors? I've never mounted a tire on an aluminum rim.
Has a new Destanzia on the rear.
Did some touch up paint on the frame.
Cut off those nasty fork skins. I've purchased standard gaitors, but I'm missing two clamps, those are ordered.
Got some SS case guards, need to mount those.

I will probably lower it. I'm short and the big problem is not in the riding, but mounting and more so the dismounting. I've got the short kickstand, so I thought I'd factory lower the rear and slide the forks up in the front. If I like it, I'll do the factory lower on the front when I add some emulators.

When is Rick's Rendevous and do you have a rookie class?

Anyone running a case protector on the counter sprocket?

A seat is next after the suspension.

'71 SL 350 - Honda
drdubb is offline   Reply With Quote