View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 09:50 AM   #17
frog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMike View Post
Just out of curiosity, how many D37 races have you run and finished? Not trying to be an ass either, just asking. They can be pretty tough.

No offense taken, that's a fair question. No d37 races but plenty of NHHA. Actually my first race ever was a national, 94 miles. Raced am and rode 30 miles of the 2nd loop with a flat rear. Finished. I was sore as hell after and for a week I could barely walk. I've raced a few more since then and a few other series.

The reason I suggested having someone give you pointers is I took Neduro's class and it was a huge help. I could already ride but used way to much energy. Found out I was doing most things wrong. After the class and practice I was able to ride longer with a lot less energy. You can be fit as hell and spend all day fighting the bike and you end up tired, sore and without a finish.

The worst thing you can do is re enforce bad habits. I wish I had someone to teach me the right way from the beginning. It would have saved soooo much time and energy.
frog is offline   Reply With Quote