View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 09:05 AM   #79
RexBuck OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 977
Quote:
Originally Posted by eSTes1300 View Post
The Moors occupied much of Spain for ~ 750 years leaving behind their style of city construction. Go to the back streets of SMA, narrow, stone, flat roofed. You could be in Morocco, or some places in the Middle East. I like that look, it even is found in NM and southern CO. I'm planning a ride down to Mexico this winter on my Honda ST 1300. Too big? I could buy a Vstrom 650 for the effort.
Yes that Spanish influence in the architecture is certainly prevalent throughout Mexico.

As for the ST 1300. Depends on where you want to go and what you want to do. If you stick to Cuotas, piece of cake, if you want to stay away from Cuotas then you will contend with a gazillion topes, probably a few potholes and the odd gravel bit. Either way, if you run into construction it can range from a nice gravel road to washboard to some loose gravel. You see all types of bikes down here. I rode my Harley down here a couple of years ago and, while it was fine and I really had no problems, with the topes and construction areas, I was wishing for a bit better suspension. Check over in the Trip Planning forum - there are lots of discussions about the optimal bike.
www.rexbuck.com - RexBuck's Latin America
RexBuck is online now   Reply With Quote