View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 02:54 PM   #29258
russt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2race View Post

Back to bikes..........

I've done 2-up on the 990 on the road, I probably wouldn't want to do dirt unless it's just cruisin on a dirt road, but nothing too rough even though the KTM is the most dirt worthy of the bunch. Funner then shit on the twisties and I gotta be mindful she is back there as it can quickly bring the hooligan out in ya. Plenty of power and the wife says she is very comfy with the Seat Concepts tall seat. She has a back rest with the top case, but it's harder to mount the bike because it's in the way of her long legs, so we ride without the top case. When we ride for long periods we take breaks, get off and stretch and walk around to ease the old man pain.
John,
Thanks for sharing your experiences. Any dirt that I plan to ride with her will be graded dirt roads that should be paved if anything. Our other friends that she wants to tour with have cruisers, so no dirt as a group. But I will want to hit the dirt when riding alone, so your experiences on your 990 are helpful. There was a 990 on consignment at the KTM shop in Palmdale. If it is still there we will go take it out for a run.

Take care.
Russ
russt is offline   Reply With Quote