View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 07:10 PM   #36
VietHorse OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,121
NC time

Kebrider, Switchblade, and probably Adam have done some Dragon laps before. Just me, BR, RollingAgain just arrived.
People was considering of having breakfast first then slay the Dragon. However, I myself was so excited of the fist time there, and I think RollingAgain and BR was most likely prefer do the Dragon right away.
I quickly grabbed a Snickers to ensure my stomach wont do any revolution before the real breakfast.
People was trying to warn me of the dangers and some precautions should be taken..
Then we headed to the Dragon, damn, I was so excited...
I still remember that since beginning of my trip planning, my core is always the Dragon. Well, it quite easy to understand that the Dragon has been being marketing so well, it became a very well-known place. And it seemed to be the only and the most preferred riding place to me, as I have no idea about the Blue Ridge Parkway or Cherohala, etc....
I saw all the guys, BR, Kebrider and his wife, Switchblade are all familiar with the road. They seemed remember every curve on the Dragon. I felt a bit in-confident. I think I did a lot of brakes in front of each decent curve.

I did not take any photo while riding on the Dragon.
I dont know what they called this place, but that is the end of 11miles Dragon:

The lady was cornering very well on her Vespa. I passed her and her buddy about 1-2 miles befor getting to this place.

She head back early, may be did not want me to slow her down. LOL...

Some more view there:

This 's way back to the Dragon:

On the way back, I had chance to stop once more time here:

And had chance to take photo with the Killboy cameraman - I am very impressed with his website, which we don't have one in Vietnam:

My friends were there as well:

VietHorse is offline   Reply With Quote