View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 07:17 PM   #2
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Oddometer: 8,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM8 View Post
I am looking to replace the 60csx as it is slowly dieing. I wanted to know if the sensitivity, ruggedness and other features that made the 60csx so good for off road had been carried over to the Montana.

I am looking for input from those that had both and their take on it.

I use my GPS exclusively off road, I dont use it to punch in an address and then have it guide me from point to point so that is not a feature I need.

Mostly making tracks, running off tracks/way-points and ease of readability is what is drawing me to the Montana.

I have read through the other threads regarding the Montana but did not come across one looking for a direct comparison between the two from real world experience.

There's no comparison because they are both from different gps eras. The 60/76C(S)X are really good at what they do but they were designed about 10 years ago. The Montana's really far better in many ways, but those ways may not be important to you.

I sold my 60CSx and 76CSx to go to Oregon 550 units, and they were really good, but let down by a lousy power connector in the mini USB connector, and the 550's relatively smaller screen was a bit hard to see while riding. So I sold those when the Montana was released.

But new gen Garmins are much better at map handling and track recording, and have wireless transfer between like units, so once you've used those features, you generally don't want to go back to the 60/76.

Emmbeedee screwed with this post 11-06-2012 at 03:10 AM
Emmbeedee is offline   Reply With Quote