Thread: Is Mexico Safe?
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 07:35 PM   #10579
Turkeycreek
Gringo Viejo

Oddometer: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Smitty View Post
This is a duplicate post from the CA route planning thread. I will be looking at the link there from the other guy this happen to but any information would be helpful.

Just copied and pasted since I assume I will be hearing from all the usual suspects

START DUPLICATE POST
SB your comments are spot about the TC. I just got issues a 30 day one eventhough I said I was just touring Mex. It all works for me bc I flying out of PV back to AK for a few weeks. So on my return flight I will just get a new TC.

Had I been going straight though it would have been a major problem.

OH SHIT!!! I just checked my TVIP and it is only for 30 days!!!!

Any suggestions on getting this corrected???? Damn IT!!!! I thought TVIP was always for 6 months and the lady at the counter said they could only do TC for 30 days but like I said I didnt care.

I wished I had noticed this in Maz and I would have tried to correct at the ferry terminal.

Fire away with the bad or good new boys!!! What is my best plan to handle all this now?
The TVIP will always be for the same term as you visa/TC. I'm thinking you can head to the nearest Banjercito office and ask for mercy but I doubt they will be able to do anything and you are probably going to have to go to immigration and turn in the tourist visa and get a new one for 180 days (not free). Then do the same thing at the Banjercito. You will get your deposit back at the current exchange rate then pay it again. You will be out the initial fee you paid unless you find a sympathetic ear and someone who knows how to force the computer to cooperate.

How many days do you plan on being in Mexico?

Buenes suerte and report back to the rest of us with the outcome.

Where are you at the moment?

Turkeycreek screwed with this post 11-05-2012 at 07:39 PM Reason: more
Turkeycreek is offline   Reply With Quote