View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 05:53 AM   #29263
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist

Oddometer: 8,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by russt View Post
I know this is the "ride thread", but wanted to get the question out to this group. As we all live in roughly the same area with the same traffic/ terrian. I am looking at getting a big bike in the next few months and am interested in what some of you have experienced with 2-up riding. Your likes/ dislikes of riding with a passenger on your bike. How does your bike handle, how is the power of your bike with a pasanger, and what your suggestions would be. I am considering everything from the F800GS, 950/990 Adv, 1200GS, Super Tenere, Tiger... In the next few weeks we are going to start test riding together, and am interested in what your experiences have been. This will be for road tours with boxes or bags, and as long as we are getting a big bike, I want to hit the dirt too. Currently ride a DR650 as my daily commuter/ dirt bike/ ADV bike, my wife rides a plated CRF230, and she wants to go out for multi day trips riding together; a bigger bike is needed.

Thanks in Advance!
I know I'm speaking for a friend (that's rarely on ADV) but I was just over at his house and he now has a KTM 950 but used to own a BMW GS 1200 and said hands down the KTM wins.
dirt. power. flickability. smile factor. and his wife has a better time on the KTM over the BMW. he also mentioned a problem with the BMW central wiring that even the dealer couldn't figure out.

I've ridden Scorpion's 990 and was in love. so was my GF when we rode the twisties out to Malibu/Rock Store.

post up pics of your new ride when you get it.
RAZR is offline   Reply With Quote