View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 06:27 AM   #54131
MrFurious
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallycarJon View Post
It's delicious kool-aid though. If I find one for the right price I plan on unloading my KLX250 for one.
I really don't see the huge advantage of the WRR over the KLX250S, especially when you can get the 351 kit and larger carb for it and still be well under the price of the WRR. Yes you loose the fuel-injection, but in my book that's a good thing as I can fix most any carb problem on the trail. You can also still add an OEM kick-starter kit for the KLX for $300 - something you can't do with the WRR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post
I dunno... Yeah, you'll be changing more oil and checking valves...but I'd bet the pee-pee tingle you get when you're on the dirt just might make it worth it. 26lbs lighter, and double the HP to the ground and way better brakes and sproingers. Of course, you'll be writing a lot bigger check.
Hard to argue against the KTM unless you start talking about the cost or maintenance. The 350 and 500 EXC-F's are essentially the Ferrari of the D/S world. They have all the fancy bells and whistles and are faster than a Skyline Chili induced bowel evacuation, but it all comes at the expense of affordability and bulletproof reliability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post
Or mebbe something in between?

Slap a plate on, bulletproof motor, EFI, a little lighter than the WRR and lots more balls.
Seems the street-legal version of a WR450F has been available in other markets (Europe and Australia) for quite awhile so it's not as much of a long shot as some might think. Whether it shares the same race-bred WRF engine or has a more maintenance friendly and less powerful engine like the WR250R is the question.

MrFurious is offline   Reply With Quote