View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 09:50 AM   #6
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Oddometer: 8,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by justlookin View Post
I use my GPS like you - not needing house to house, mostly offroad. I like the Montana although I still keep the 60 in my camelbac with waypoints and tracks JIC. Only thing I learned about the Montana is next time I will leave the square battery home and just use AA's. On my last 10 day trip I ran that battery dead and had no way to charge it so I put it in my pocket until I got home - would not take a charge,seems this type battery doesn't like being left discharged - so an expensive lesson. Probably won't replace it as I see no good reason to tie up my GPS to recharge a battery. Other than that I really like my Montana
Most people just wire the mount into the bike's electrical system, so the square battery is the best solution. And many of us have a spare LiIon battery - Garmin never asks for them back if you need to send the gps in for a warranty claim. (My wife's 650 antenna broke)

Speaking of warranty claims, Garmin would probably send you another since yours failed. Give 'em a call.

Emmbeedee screwed with this post 11-06-2012 at 12:20 PM
Emmbeedee is online now   Reply With Quote