View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #65
Jamie Z OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,626
We all slept in. I was surprised that when I got up after 9am that the house was still quiet. I made a quick walk up to a nearby grocery store and then loaded up the bike to head out. A quick group shot.

My next destination was not far away, in what they call cottage country of Kawartha Lakes. If you recall my ride report from last year, I met a couple of Canadian guys while in Big Bend National Park. This picture from last year when I met them.

Brian, on the right, had invited me paddling if I ever wanted. I called him up a couple months ago and asked if he were serious because I was making plans to come to Canada. He repeated his invitation and now I was on the way.

Not sure if this'd be legal in the US.

Stopped by a small beach for a break. Canadians sure like to swim.

I pulled up into Brian's yard. I saw his motorcycle by the shed, but no sign of anyone there. A moment later, this old Jeep came up behind me.

Brian was driving and greeted me. "Grab your swimming trunks, sleeping bag, and a tooth brush and come on" were the first words out of his mouth. Uh, what? Where are we going?

I quickly changed out of my riding gear and grabbed some gear. Brian drove me down to his houseboat where Ken was waiting.

Within minutes we were cruising up the lake.

And shortly after that anchored, swimming, and with a beer. No kidding. This picture was taken about 40 minutes after I arrived.

We sat on the roof for a short while to relax.

And then dinner.

Ken prepared burgers with all the fixings and Brian brought the cheap wine. Notice my duct-taped wine glass.

After dinner there was much drinking and sharing stories.

Jamie

Budget Travel the Jamie Z Way
Jamie Z is offline   Reply With Quote