Originally Posted by russt
I am looking at the same purchase in the next few months as well. What are the typical issues that have to be addressed with the 950?
4 main issues:
1. Water pump leak - can be upgraded with $100 water pump kit
2. Clutch slave leak - can be upgraded with bolt on aftermarket replacement.
3. Fuel pump fail due to points burning away - easy fix with aftermarket Dr. Bean kit
4. Side stand relocator - aftermarket plate to move side stand mount from being attached directly to crankcase - a must, but easy bolt on fix.
Most of these are fairly easy fixes and don't cost huge amounts of money.
Check here for more details:
Other things but not really issues:
1.Extra fuel tank - might want to add external rear fuel tank for more range - remove one muffler and replace with 2 into 1 pipe and fuel tank (ADVtank) - go from 150miles to about 200+ mile range. Or get Safari tank
2. Better seat - Renazzco, Airhawk pad, XTC, Touratech gel seat, Corbin,Seat Concepts - lots of options
3. better wind screen - I use KTM touring screen, but there are other options