View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 12:01 AM   #29
_cy_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerfish View Post
the area built up with weld moves the stop for the stand, which is the part that contacts the frame, so it doesn't go past center as far. ALL these stands wear, I've welded most of mine over the years. the weld fix, along with new bolts and bushings will make a noticable improvement.
i don't think your gonna get better pics than bushyb's.
also, worn suspension or too much sag will make it much harder to lift the bike onto the stand. if your bike has 35 year old clapped out suspension and the thing pretty much sits on the ground, it's gonna be a bear to get on the stand, regardless of how good the stand is functioning.
no problem with where to add metal. what I was not getting was .. how does adding metal help in getting your bike in the air onto the stand.

all adding metal could do is change where stand stops against frame. this would help with getting bike off center stand which is no biggie.

pivot point has to changed to reduce height bike has to be raised before tip-over. height of stand needs to be reduced or pivot point raised.

currently 81 G/S front wheel is 2in in the air. to deploy center stand, rear end raises 2.5-3in before passing tipping point then hitting stop.

what am I missing?

_cy_ screwed with this post 11-07-2012 at 12:11 AM
_cy_ is offline   Reply With Quote